Monday, November 21, 1988

R54 Nuclear Puzzle (rearrangement)


R54 Nuclear Puzzle (rearrangement)
24 x 24" ink on panel
private collection

I worked on this picture, on and off, between oil paintings.  It is a continuation of R43, 'Stirring the Waters'.  Here, particles and matter have been stirred up, and the raven-ish angels are busy rearranging the pieces.

The wolfish-looking mouse and man-eating plants at the bottom are a bit of a joke.  I had accidentally erased a file on my computer, and took out my frustrations on the picture.  I did paint over the mouse's fangs, but the mushroom-like plants still look menacing.  The giant dragonfly happened into the picture because I spent a lot of time down by the lake watching them.  They are born in a spectacular eruption out of the water, and do quite a bit of stirring up, themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment